The council has indicated it is considering a CPO of the former cinema. The cabinet will meet on December 4th to consider the idea. The Waltham Forest Cinema Trust has said it could buy the building if it came onto the market. The council apparently considered the CPO option shortly after the building was bought by UCKG in 2003, but decided against it. However since then the owners have had three planning applications rejected, and is about to have its second public enquiry. More details at the Waltham Forest Guardian.
- RT @MusicLikeDirt: After 15 years of campaigning inc a four year delay, finally Walthamstow’s treasured cinema will be restored as an arts… 4 months ago
- Thanks so much for all the tweets and messages of support. 4 months ago
- A truly exciting day! After many years of campaigning and hard work from local residents, councillors and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- RT @rich_e17: FLICK, RIOTS, BOMBS & STARS - the 1st of my 2-part life of the Granada Walthamstow in @TheEList_e17 @MirthMarvelE17 https://t… 2 years ago
- RT @EastEndLass: Fabulous opening night at @MirthMarvelE17 last night. Now excited to find out what will happen with the auditorium! https:… 2 years ago