The council has indicated it is considering a CPO of the former cinema. The cabinet will meet on December 4th to consider the idea. The Waltham Forest Cinema Trust has said it could buy the building if it came onto the market. The council apparently considered the CPO option shortly after the building was bought by UCKG in 2003, but decided against it. However since then the owners have had three planning applications rejected, and is about to have its second public enquiry. More details at the Waltham Forest Guardian.
- RT @rich_e17: FLICK, RIOTS, BOMBS & STARS - the 1st of my 2-part life of the Granada Walthamstow in @TheEList_e17 @MirthMarvelE17 https://t… 1 year ago
- RT @EastEndLass: Fabulous opening night at @MirthMarvelE17 last night. Now excited to find out what will happen with the auditorium! https:… 1 year ago
- RT @emmylouscutt: My first time in the EMD tonight for the grand reopening. And I got to sneak into the auditorium! @saveourcinema https://… 1 year ago
- RT @MirthMarvelE17: GRAND OPENING TONIGHT! Doors open from 18:30. Local ale, craft beers, cocktails & a DJ! Who's coming along? @Antic_Lond… 1 year ago
- RT @MirthMarvelE17: Get you party pants on because we're OPENING tonight after 13 years of closure & you're invited! #Walthamstow #EMD http… 1 year ago